Coming Soon: Sprawling 6-bed, 7.5-bath duplex at coveted 895 Park Avenue, $13,500,000
August has been slow, as expected. Looking ahead to September we have a number of very special properties coming on the market both downtown and uptown. These homes are the type that are rare and would typically sell quickly and with significant interest. How we fare in September on these may very well be a bellwether for the entire Fall market. We look forward to seeing the results.
Wishing you all a Happy Labor Day and a wonderful Fall.
Jeremy Stein Interviewed by Inman News about Real Estate Team Success
As many of you know, Jeremy and I started off as a small team in the beginning, with only one assistant early-on. Today, we are six people strong, with four in sales and two helping with administrative and support tasks. Inman News recently interviewed Jeremy for an article about the rising popularity of real estate teams and their importance in helping to grow a business. In almost every example mentioned in this article, teams didn’t just spring into existence with tons of agents and support staff out of nowhere, they grew slowly over time – much like us. As Jeremy discusses here, we started very organically. Our clients have always been our top priority, so our goal was to bring more people on to help us service our growing number of leads. We would not be able to do the numbers we do and be as successful as we are today are without help, and we owe it to our powerful team.
How to Find the Neighborhood that's Perfect for You
Jeremy has lived in the city since birth, while I came here right after graduating from college. Together we have lived in a total of eight neighborhoods. But the neighborhood we’d most likely call “home” is the Soho/Tribeca area, where we have lived together the past 25 years. We live in a slightly off the grid sub-neighborhood called Hudson Square (sandwiched between Soho and Tribeca). We ultimately picked this neighborhood because it had the loft architecture we were looking for and square footage at a significant price reduction. So, if you’re on the hunt for your next home, let us guide you on how to choose your next neighborhood.
1. First, know your neighborhood options: There are hundreds throughout the city, each one with its own distinct flavor and quirks. Streeteasy’s Neighborhood Guide is a good place to start your research.
2. Determine what matters most to you: Location, space, or price. In New York City, finding an apartment that satisfies all three of those factors is like hitting the lottery, so be prepared to compromise.
3. Take your public transit options into account:You probably won’t want to be too far from work, but still prepare to spend a lot of time on the subway. The average one-way commute time in New York City is about 36 minutes. You can use that time to catch up on podcasts, but you could also pick a neighborhood that’s within walking distance of where you work.
5. Ask yourself if you need peace and quiet: You may want to get familiar with local construction projects, schoolyards, police stations, fire departments, and train station locations.
6. How important is being close to nature? New York City may have a reputation as a concrete jungle, but there are plenty of areas where green space is abundant—The NYC Parks Department’s website has tons of information about the city’s myriad green spaces.
And, of course, if you need our expert advice, just reach out and ask!
We understand that couches and sectionals can quickly take up a lot of space in a New York City apartment. It can sometimes feel impossible to find a lounge set that is stylish and comfortable while offering adequate seating. If you’re looking for something that is chic and elegant to soften the space, we highly recommend incorporating a curved sofa, which offers soft angles and more seating space than traditional couches. As you will see in the link below, curved sofas provide a contemporary design while offering an open, comfortable space for hosting. Check out some of our favorite curved couch options below!
As members of the Market Leader Partners Initiative comprised of Sotheby's International Real Estate’s finest professionals in every key market around the world, we are pleased to introduce you to our Palm Beach, Florida partners, Frances and Todd Peter, and their property in Manalapan.
Separated from the mainland by the Lake Worth Lagoon, Palm Beach is known for its luxurious estates, sandy beaches, beautiful boutiques, and coveted cuisine. Frequented by celebrities and socialites alike, Palm Beach is the ideal destination for those seeking a relaxing beachfront escape in an upscale atmosphere.